Saturday, November 17, 2012

A picture tour so far...

Well, now that we have gone full-day, I feel the need for pictures to update what we have done in our classroom so far this year....
Starting with what my classroom looked like the day I got my keys, then in August, September, and October. November will come later...
Here is what I walked into the first day I had keys:


Here are our "Pete the Cats"

My Random Selection sticks made to look like popcorn:
Our Independent Writing heading:
P.s. don't you just LOVE the writing with the green mat? "The Zombie Ran Up the Clock." I wonder what nursery rhyme we had been practicing that week....
Our Education Foundation awarded me with a grant to get a rug... This is the day before it was unveiled to my students... Notice the curling, since nobody's bum had sat on it yet to flatten it out...
This is actually TWO rugs put together to make a huge rug. It works PERFECTLY... I was able to get each piece for $182, a lot less than I would pay for ONE!
This is what it looked like before the Lakeshore rug...
Quite a difference!!
Above our window is the "Go Away, Big Green Monster"craft.
I am so grateful to have been given the big book bookshelf as well as the foam rug... People came out of the woodwork to help me, and it has helped turn my classroom into a cozy, inviting place. 
This is the note box I made, since my kiddos LOVE to draw pictures, write notes, and share things about their lives. I try to collect them and put them in a binder, or hang on my "teacher wall." It's a wooden kleenex box that I got from Hobby Lobby on clearance because it had a minor scratch. Score!
Qtip Painting...
Our One-to-one matching with number identification:

An anchor chart we made to help us with writing about turkeys... These were all student responses after think, pair, share. 

How I structure my morning message.... At the beginning of the year, I leave letters out and tell them the sound it makes, and students identify. Once identified, volunteers may write the missing letter, or, once the year progresses, the missing sight word. 

I think that is it for today's picture tour! I will leave you with one last picture. This one is my little star light I bought at Ikea... It was on during report card paperwork, which I just finished on Thursday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment