Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Crock Pot...
Yesterday was my day off, but I didn't feel like cooking all day. I grabbed four chicken breasts and slightly defrosted them. Then, I sprayed my crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and put the chicken breast right on the bottom of the crock pot. I seasoned the breasts lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika. Next, I mixed about 1 cup of milk, 2 cans of cream of mushroom, and a can of drained green beans in a bowl. I also added a splash of white cooking wine. I then poured the mixture directly on top of the chicken. I chopped up one medium red onion and 3 cloves of garlic and sprinkled them on top of the soup mixture. Then, I put the lid on and cooked the meal for 4 hours on high. About 30 minutes before I served dinner, I made enough instant rice (don't judge me) for four servings and then mixed it into the crock pot to absorb the flavor. I would have put the instant rice in when I first set the other ingredients, but I don't trust instant rice to stay fluffy in the crock pot for that long... The only thing I would change is: ADD MORE SALT. It just needed a touch more per serving, and tasted a bit bland until I added salt on the meal when I had it on my plate. Some switches or add-ins you could try: artichoke hearts, peas, or broccoli. It looks kinda gross, but it tasted great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment