One of my favorite recipes comes from a random cookbook I picked up a few years ago. I have altered the ingredients a bit over the years, and it tastes sooo yummy!
4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) --Brown in about 1/3 oil and then lay in a 9x13 pan with sides touching
in blender:
1 pint sour cream
1/3 cup sherry/white wine
about 8 ounces of sliced jalapenos
1 dash of ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Pour over the chicken
Chop 1 onion and sprinkle over wet mixture
Grate/shred about 1.5 cups of cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese (or Mexican cheese in bag) and sprinkle over the whole pan.
Cover with foil and cook in oven at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes!
Spicy, but worth it!
**I serve this and the sauce over rice
There was not much left before I remembered to take a picture, so sorry for the bad resolution!!

No comments:
Post a Comment