I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest that I am sure you all do, too! I love all the ideas, but I hate that I spend SO much time on the site!! Today, I made crock pot mac and cheese (thanks for the idea, Tegan!), and it was mmmm-mmm good!! I only changed a few ingredients, so here is the recipe I ended with today:
Whisk the following in a well-greased crock pot:
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp
1/3 cup melted butter (cooled to room temp)
1 (12 ounce) can of evaporated milk
Par-boil (cook for only about 5 minutes) 1 pound rotini, elbow macaroni or shells. Add to crock pot liquid
sprinkle with black pepper and paprika and mix in 4 cups shredded mozzarella (I like it realllllly cheesy), about 1 cup of cooked, chopped ham. Coat noodles well.
Sprinkle about 3/4 cups of grated Parmesan on top
Cover and cook on high for about 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional hour. When the pasta is tender and ready to serve, sprinkle about 1/2 cup store bought bread crumbs on top.
ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment