Our last week/days of Kindergarten flew by. We were counting the links on our "summer countdown" chain, and then, outta nowhere, they were gone. Our graduation went off without a hitch... Some highlights:
- The video played for parents at our ceremony in which students stated what was important about them, what they learned in Kindergarten, and what they wanted to be when they grew up. Some major heart melt moments for sure.
- The parents who came up to me following the ceremony who confirmed my love for this grade/class through kind words and encouragement.
- The boy who brought me a Princess Barbie. The story goes that the student's parents asked him what they should get me. After his mom suggested a coffee travel mug, or some lotion and bubble bath, the kiddo perked up with an "I know!" His mom said he got real serious and went on to say that they needed to get me a "princess doll, wearing a dress, because she is a princess." What a sweetheart. His mom's encouraging words about how much he has changed and grown after being in my class was the best gift from them.
I know this sounds sappy, but I really believe that I will carry that class with me in my heart for a very long time. I had forgotten how quickly they pick up new learning, especially in the spring. It has given me a new energy and excitement for next year's class.
I would write more, but I am heading for bed as a result of a longggg 2 weeks of summer school... more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment